The things that started to occupy my mind were apparently people: Jamie Tan, Deborah Tay, Ron Yeo, Kumar.
Let's start with Jamie. Jamie is a high profile girl, on the high end, very sporty and impatient. Extremely low or zero tolerance in almost... actually everything. I was just thinking about what she had wrote on her blog once about drips constantly being attracted to her. I used to think that I was a drip because I didn't do well in my studies. Because I had low self-esteem and wasn't at all confident with myself also. When she wrote that and I asked her if she considered me a drip, I was apparently surprised she said no. She caught me off-guard several times asking me personal questions and I think she was satisfied with me at one point of time. I have a good job with a good income. I am generous and self-sustainable. I am a Christian. I think that was what mattered to her most. It's because of her remarks that I am confident of myself now. Hahaha! And I now get some wrong attention from 'drip' girls who are trying to come after me.
Deborah is a fellow volunteer guide at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. Like me, we volunteer our services on an ad-hoc basis because of work commitments, so I don't get to meet her that frequently. I meet her when we go on organized volunteer trips or events by the National Parks Board or if we coincidentally turn up the same day for volunteer duties. Deborah is a year older than me and I had been interested in her for about 3 years. Just that I couldn't get to catch up with her because we seldom meet. She just catches my attention when we happen to meet. Well, in the meantime, I shall work out ways to meet and catch up with her more.
Ron Yeo is a nature guide who conducts tours at Chek Jawa, Sungei Buloh, Bukit Timah, MacRitchie and Pulau Semakau. I think Ron is more than just a guide. He does research and is so well versed with nature. I envy him because he gets access to places in Singapore where the public can't go. The thing is, how in the world he has so much time to conduct tours and research and take so many pictures and blogging them on his blog? His blog is so fabulous complete with high quality images. I can't believe it because I am so tight up at work, practically only doing it when I have that little time to spare.
Kumar was a colleague of mine based at MacPherson, a station along the uncompleted Circle Line system. Kumar was hard-working and used a lot of initiative to do his work such that Controllers like me can leave him on his own. There was an incident when he fell down while working in the tunnel and injured himself without reporting to us. With so much of medical leave, his company had to terminate his services. I am just looking for ways to get him back.
Okay, basically to stop all these thoughts, I did something else to divert my attention away. I took the car out for a spin. Driving makes me concentrate on the road and I don't have to think about anything else.
And I drove to East Coast Park and Changi Beach for dinner and watch the planes touch down.

No comments:
Post a Comment