I was standing by at the Concorde Hotel just now but the floats came too fast before time and I didn't manage to get my camera out in time. That resulted in a hasty chase by bus all the way to Cornerstone Community Church at Odeon, Katong. Cheesecake! It was really unexpected!

The massive jam caused by the 15 minute-road closure. At this time, the Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Ministry of Environment and Water Resources and South West District Mayor Dr Amy Khor alighted from one of the floats to officiate the Grand Opening of CCIS.
Below are the fast-moving floats when I finally caught up with them at the Odeon, arriving under heavy auxilliary police escort.


All 7 floats lining up at the Odeon. An eighth float had returned to Orchard Road as part of the celebration itinerary.

The New Creation Church float...

simple, vibrant and colourful...

a closed-up view...

the church logo
The floats will make their way through the heartlands over the next few days before returning to Orchard Road on 25th December for Christmas Day celebrations.

No comments:
Post a Comment