Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Safety Orientation Course at Tanjong Pagar




Our instructor Mr Santok Singh, who gave us lectures with his weird-sounding speeches...


in an ants-infested classroom...


with scribblings on the wall, obviously done by foreign workers...


and my colleagues Andrew and Rajen enjoying the boring class

So blessed of me, I spent most of my working life in the suburbia without having to travel into the city and jostling with the peak hour train crowd. Except for today, my company sent two colleagues and myself for a mandatory Construction Safety Orientation Course at Tanjong Pagar, which was in the city. Peck Seah Street to be exact, was the location of the dilapidated school building where we had our class.

It was, however, a little eye opener for me. It kept me abreast of what and how life was like in the city, to be able to see how everyone was cramming around in their little space, running and rushing about their routine.

I especially enjoyed, for sure, the sight of the women. The make-up they put on, and how elegantly they dressed up and how attractive they were. It was a huge difference in contrast between the city and the heartlands. I was rather overwhelmed, and apparently, also astounded at the sight of the lunch-time crowd. My goodness, you should take a look at the 'ants'.

The course location was also near International Plaza where Jamie works, I suppose. I messaged her yesterday asking her out for lunch. As expected, she didn't text back.

The course ended around 5pm but we lingered on for a while till the 6 o'clock hour, which was really a bad idea. The office and bank workers in that area were knocking off then. So again, it was time when you have to barge into the crowded train to get home.

No comments: