
Shore Pit Viper Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus
It was just at the start of the tour and I found this juvenile Shore Pit Viper. I would keep it as a pet if I could. It was just so cute actually.
This snake has a reputation for being unpredictable and should be approached with caution. Giving no warning signs, this snake will strike readily at any threat, and its powerful haemotoxic venom can cause serious illness or even kill.
The commotion of my group alerted the park ranger who cautioned us in going near the snake. The park ranger then sought help to remove it as it was hanging on a tree branch just next to the visitor path.
Shedded snake skin
Later, one of my visitors spotted some shedded snake skin as I took them up the Aerie Tower. Snakes shed their skin when they grow.

My visitors having a feel of the snake skin
Audrey, my tag-along trainee guide with the Water Monitor sunbathing on the pathway

2 comments:
tombong,
you took first n last photos is it?
easily one of the fantastic personal photos in blogs I have seen anywhere this year.
Haha! Thanks! They are displayed in the order taken from first to last day. I randomly chose them.
Post a Comment