Sunday, April 12, 2009

Some nostalgia

I hadn't talked about a nasi lemak man because writing this down could put his business in jeopardy. He sells nasi lemak without a licence from a tricycle. Since this blog is only opened to invited people like you, I dare to write it down.

Ever since I moved in to my current residence, Uncle has been coming now and then boldly, selling freshly made snacks and food. He would come on certain mornings, usually on weekends around the 10 o'clock hour. Surprisingly, my neighbours know how to keep their mouths shut. That's why the business is still around. Like myself, I think they enjoy his food too.

He comes into the neighbourhood shouting, "nasi lemak, nasi goreng, epok-epok!" You will then see my neighbours crowd round him within seconds after parking his tricycle at the void deck.


So nostalgic, I just decided to wait for him before I went to church. I wasn't disappointed. But the rice was mildly flavoured. The ingredient that gave the kick was the spicy sambal tumis.

No comments: