
I was walking around in the Cold Storage supermarket in Compass Point when I saw some boxes of Matzo looking at me from the biscuit shelf. Since when did a supermarket in Sengkang start becoming Jewish-friendly? Are there Jews staying in Sengkang? Haha! I certainly thought Matzo could only be bought at certain stores in the city.
I still use Matzo for Holy Communion at home not because it is Jewish unleavened bread. The holes in the cracker signify Jesus' body being pierced, and that He suffered for us. The burn marks represent the bruises He took for our iniquities. The holes are in rows, signifying the whippings He took on His body - and by His stripes, we are healed of all our sicknesses and diseases.
At least I can now get my Matzo supply from a store nearby ever since my church stopped using it because of the H1N1 pandemic. The Holy Communion elements are currently replaced by hygienically-prepacked biscuits and grape juice. Now it seems the congregation will not get the chance to enjoy Matzo anymore.
Anyway, the Jewish are celebrating Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year on Friday. Wishing them Shana Tova, a Happy New Year.

No comments:
Post a Comment