
http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Online%2BStory/STIStory_349392.html
I REFER to Mr Clarence Ngian's Online Forum letter, "No mobile network coverage at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve" (March 3). Taxi operators are also shunning the telephone number of Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
Last Saturday, I took two British visitors to the reserve. As my mobile phone was faulty, I requested the help of the counter staff to call for a taxi. He called several operators, but no one picked up the call. I was told that he had tried calling a cab for a few other visitors but there was simply no response. This led me to believe that the reserve's telephone number was being avoided as it is in a very remote area.
Thankfully, a young woman was also in need of a cab and we asked her to call the same taxi operator using her mobile phone. True enough, her phone call was immediately picked up by the taxi operator and we got a cab eventually.
Can the Land Transport Authority please address this issue so that visitors do not have to be stranded longer than required?
Tan Boon Huat

No comments:
Post a Comment